So why not make it GREAT!!

Just an easy way of organizing my favorite things to do.... from cooking, sewing, crafting and more. I am always in search of great recipes and when I happen to find one my family loves I post it here to make it easier for me to find it rather then wonder where on earth I found it.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

St. Patrick's Scavenger Hunt

I came up with a scavenger hunt for the park. It may be a bit cheesy but I threw it all together within 30 minutes, so I figured it was good enough, plus the kids really loved it and now are pretending to do their own scavenger hunts in the house. Plus it helped that the "pot of gold" was rolo's and reeses peanut butter cups. Keep in mind I made it for 2-4yr olds. Anywho, here it goes.

I put them on green shamrocks to find and numbered them. The first one I read aloud.

1. I'm a little leprechaun dressed in green.
The tiniest man that you've ever seen.
If you ever catch me, so it's told.
I'll give you a pot of gold.
So listen to the clues and work as a team.
And go find my shamrocks that are green....
Come slide down my back to find the 1st clue
then read it out loud to see what to do. (it was on a slide)

2. You've found the 1st clue.
Good job for you.
Now turn around, jump up and yell Woo Hoo!!
Go climb up the wall
You'll have a ball
Then bring the clue back
and we'll give the next clue a crack. (it was at the top of a climbing wall)

3. You sit on my seat
to let yourself rest
I'm by the swings
You'll see where I nest. (on a bench by the swings)

4. I give lots of shade
come sit by my roots
Go find the last clue
and then stomp your boots!! (by a tree)

5. You've found all my shamrocks
Look and see.
Oh what color they can be.
If you said that they are the color green.
Then stand up and yell YIPEE!!
(then of course, this is where they found the "pot of gold" and I had them in ziplock bags for all the kids.)

No comments:

Post a Comment