So why not make it GREAT!!

Just an easy way of organizing my favorite things to do.... from cooking, sewing, crafting and more. I am always in search of great recipes and when I happen to find one my family loves I post it here to make it easier for me to find it rather then wonder where on earth I found it.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Baked Ziti




1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 oz cream cheese (that's 1/2 of the cream cheese block)
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese
1 box of ziti noodled, cooked

Brown ground beef in sauce pan, add onion and garlic. Drain any access fat of course, then add spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and cream cheese. Mix until cream cheese is blended. Mix cooked noodles in with the sauce. Pour into a sprayed 9" round cooking-ware. Top with cheese and sprinkle with basil and oregano (or Italian seasoning). Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and warmed through. So EASY & so YUMMY!

Quick Tip** I like to use the italian meatballs from costco. Just cook them up and ground them up in the food processor. The meat is already seasoned and adds a nice flavor to it.

**I have also made this with chicken and mushrooms. YUMMY! I just used chicken strips and sauteed mushrooms with them and then added the sauce to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment