So why not make it GREAT!!

Just an easy way of organizing my favorite things to do.... from cooking, sewing, crafting and more. I am always in search of great recipes and when I happen to find one my family loves I post it here to make it easier for me to find it rather then wonder where on earth I found it.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Ghost Chili


1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 medium onion, diced
3-4 cloves of garlic (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
1 tbs. oil
2 cups chicken broth
1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
2 cans great northern beans, drained
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp white pepper (or black)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sour cream

Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Saute chicken, onion, and garlic until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, chilies, spices, and enough chicken broth to just cover the chili. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. Then add milk and sour cream. Heat through and serve with a sprinkle of white cheese. If the chili is more like soup, add extra cheese to the pot to desired thickness.

You can also cook in a crock pot for half the day on low. 30 minutes prior to serving add milk and sour cream. My family LOVE this recipe. It's one of our favorites when it's cold outside.

1 comment: