So why not make it GREAT!!

Just an easy way of organizing my favorite things to do.... from cooking, sewing, crafting and more. I am always in search of great recipes and when I happen to find one my family loves I post it here to make it easier for me to find it rather then wonder where on earth I found it.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie (or turkey)

1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup onion, diced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
2/3 cup milk
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup potatoes, cubed
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup cooked chicken, diced
1 9 inch refrigerated pie crust (or use the recipe below for the crust.)

Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour, onion, salt, and pepper. Heat over medium heat until bubbly. Gradually add broth and milk. Heat stirring constantly until boiling. Boil and stir one minute. Set aside. Boil carrots and potatoes until crisp tender. Rinse peas in water until thawed. Combine vegetables and chicken in bottom of 8x8 pan. Top with pie crust. Cut slits in top of crust. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until crust is brown.

Optional Crust Recipe
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
2 TBS Margarine or butter, melted
2/3 cup milk
1 egg

Stir ingredients in medium bowl, using fork, until mixed. Pour over chicken mixture, and spread evenly.

This pot pie recipe came from a friend and then I found this crust recipe in the Gold Medal flour cookbook for children and the kids loved it. I thought it was an easier crust than making the pie crust from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment