So why not make it GREAT!!

Just an easy way of organizing my favorite things to do.... from cooking, sewing, crafting and more. I am always in search of great recipes and when I happen to find one my family loves I post it here to make it easier for me to find it rather then wonder where on earth I found it.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake

Crust:
2 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
6 tablespoons melted butter

Filling:
3 8·ounce packages cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
1 1/3 cups sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 pint of fresh raspberries, or frozen raspberries, mashed

Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into bottom and 1/2″ up sides of an 9-10 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Cool in refrigerator while making the filling.

In a large mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth, add eggs one at a time beating until smooth and scraping down sides. Continue to beat and add the sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Stir in lemon rind. Pour into cooled crust. Take the mashed raspberries and swirl them into the cheesecake with a knife. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes. Leave in oven to cool for 30 minutes and then cool on rack. Chill overnight. Can also be frozen.



No comments:

Post a Comment