So why not make it GREAT!!

Just an easy way of organizing my favorite things to do.... from cooking, sewing, crafting and more. I am always in search of great recipes and when I happen to find one my family loves I post it here to make it easier for me to find it rather then wonder where on earth I found it.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Special Sauce
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 Tbs soy sauce
2 Tbs rice wine vinegar
2 Tbs ketchup
1 Tbs lemon juice
1/8 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbs hot mustard
2 tsp water

Dissolve sugar in water in a small bowl. Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice, and sesame oil, mustard and water. Mix well and refrigerate sauce until ready to serve.

Ingredients
3 Tbs Olive Oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 cup celery, chopped
3 Tbs onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
5-8 leaves of lettuce, (Iceberg, Romaine, but I prefer Butter Lettuce)
You can also use any variety of vegetables you want. I like to add chopped carrots.
**vegetables should be chopped about the size of peas)

Bring oil to high heat in wok or large frying pan. Saute chicken for about 4-5 minutes. Add vegetables and turn down heat. Start to prepare the stir fry sauce.

Stir Fry Sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp rice wine vinegar

Mix soy sauce, brown sugar and rice vinegar in a small bowl. Add stir fry sauce to the pan and heat for a couple minutes. Serve it in the lettuce cups. Top with special sauce.




No comments:

Post a Comment