So why not make it GREAT!!

Just an easy way of organizing my favorite things to do.... from cooking, sewing, crafting and more. I am always in search of great recipes and when I happen to find one my family loves I post it here to make it easier for me to find it rather then wonder where on earth I found it.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pumpkin Cheesecake


Recipe comes from the California Pizza Kitchen

Crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbs. sugar
6 Tbs butter, melted

Filling:
24 oz (3 8 oz pkgs) cream cheese
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
1 Tbs plus 2 tsp flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cardamom
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp grated nutmeg
1 cup plus 2 Tbs sour cream
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin puree

Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar, then add the melted butter and press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan and set aside.

Preheat oven to 350.
In a mixing bowl mix the cream cheese. Scrape down the sides and continue mixing until smooth. Add the brown sugar until mixed thoroughly, scraping down the sides. In a separate bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg, then add to the cream cheese mixture until blended scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add the sour cream and continue mixing as before. Add eggs one at a time, vanilla and then the pumpkin puree. Mix until thoroughly scraping down the sides. Pour into the springform pan and bake for one hour. You may have to bake for an additional 20 minutes or until cheesecake is set. Allow to cool in oven for 30 minutes and then cool outside of oven until room temperature. Chill overnight in refrigerator.
Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.

(I've used pumpkin puree from my garden and just upped the amount of spices- 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp of everything else. I also added 1/2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment