So why not make it GREAT!!

Just an easy way of organizing my favorite things to do.... from cooking, sewing, crafting and more. I am always in search of great recipes and when I happen to find one my family loves I post it here to make it easier for me to find it rather then wonder where on earth I found it.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Blueberry Cheesecake

1/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
1/4 cup cold water
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
2- 8oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1-7oz jar marshmallow creme
3 cups blueberries frozen or fresh (about 3 -4.4oz tub)
2 8 oz frozen whipped topping (thawed)

Crust:
Combine crumbs and butter, press into bottom of 9" springform pan. Chill

Soften gelatin in water, stir over low heat until dissolved. Gradually add the gelatin to cream cheese mixing at medium speed until well blended. Blend in lemon juice and lemon peel. Add the marshmallow creme, mix well. Fold in blueberries and then fold in whipped topping. Puree 2 cups blueberries then fold into cream cheese mixture then fold in one 8oz tub of whipped topping. Chill until firm.

For garnish spread an 8 oz. tub of whipped topping over the chilled cheesecake and then top with one cup of blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment